Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Love Stories From Books

Ten Favorite Love Stories

Not necessarily a love story between two people, 
but maybe a love story between a character and the landscape, 
the author and his country, or even a love letter.

Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
Genuine Love
Bathsheba and Farmer Oak

Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
Tragic Love
Yuri and Lara

These Happy Golden Years
Youthful Love
Manny and Laura

West From Home by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Mature Love
Manny and Laura

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Love for Russia and her people
Party by Repin, 1881

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Masculine Love
Rhett and Scarlet

Persuasion by Jane Austen
The ultimate Love letter


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Misunderstood Love
Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy

Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Consuming Love
Newland and Ellen

Germinal by Émile Zola
Protective Love
Étienne and Catherine

O Pioneers by Willa Cather
Love for the land
Nebraska

Arthurian Romances by Chrétien de Troyes
Medieval knightly Love (makes me blush)
Lancelot and Guinevere

Happy Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and apt selection Ruth and some of my all time favorites....O!Pioneers, War and Peace, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion and Gone with the Wind. I must check some of the others out soon. Also I NEVER specifically thought of the letter in Persuasion, but now that you mention it, it is indeed wonderful. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen different movies of Pride and Prejudice and Far From the Madding Crowd. The movie version I saw of Persuasion was also int the nineties. I love those movies so much I don't know if I can watch other versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to catch up on the film versions; it is sometimes difficult to find time to just sit and watch a movie.

      Delete